Sunday 27 September 2009

Day 282: Swappity swap

Day 282 already!? How fast time flies. It's only a couple of months before I reach the end of my first year of blogging. Things have certainly taken a different turn than I expected when I set out on my crafting/blogging journey - what started as an intention to include more craft in my life has evolved into a much larger and less specific reality. But more on that next month I think. Right now I am too excited to navel gaze for I have my first swap to share with you!

I have received my fabrics from my swap with Parallel Botany...

I am in love with this green flower one especially, the green (which I just can't capture properly on camera) is my favourite shade. I think this is going to have to be incorporated into a cushion for my living room so I can look at it every day, and it matches my..ahem..colour scheme* perfectly...

She also sent some lace trim, which is lovely, I didn't have anything like this before. And the fabric it is pictured on has leaping fish on it! I just love this fabric...

I am especially excited about this fabric, which I thought was the Empire State Building but then after a quick flick through my holiday snaps realised it is in fact the Chrysler Building. I have been to NYC only once and I loved it, it was for my first year wedding anniversary before mortgages, children and responsibility and it was just a wonderful trip with lots of happy memories. I will need to make something travel related with this I think...


Next up is this gorgeous blue birds fabric, which Lillia has selected as her favourite too...


Lisa also threw in this cute little flower, which I am going to pin to my work bag to take the edge off the drizzly London commute I have to endure four days a week...


To top it all off she also sent me a mixtape mini CD of happy songs which she called "Beautiful Day", which I have already listened to twice and which Lillia and I have danced to once.
I love swaps! Now I just have to get creative.



* when I say "colour scheme" it's more a series of fortunate accidental matches with some serious clashing thrown in.

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)