Monday 21 November 2011

Making time to make it - November 11!

Hello hello!  *cough splutter* I am still an infectious germ machine I'm afraid to say, as are both the girls, and now my mother too, we are all so ill.  Every time I think I feel better I suddenly feel worse again, it's very waring after a while. I am looking forward to just feeling better and rejoining the real world.

In the meantime...for my Making Time to Make It this month I am killing two birds with one stone, so to speak, with some cute birdie decorations.  The pattern is from the Attic24 blog and it really is incredibly easy to do, makes me wonder why I've waited so long to give them a go...


Birdie decoration

Birdie decoration

I'm rather pleased with the colours of these birdies, though I admit they were chosen more as a result of what I had in my yarn bag than any artistic thought!  Came out well though didn't they?


Birdie decoration

I still need to add little wooden beads to the ends of their dangly legs, then they'll be finished!

Birdie decoration

And they are all destined for new homes!  I am taking part in a couple of swaps and these will make great little additions to my parcels being sent out to foreign lands.  Plus I have a couple to give as presents to people.  I am thinking I might stuff a couple with crushed cinnamon and cloves so they give off a Christmassy scent.

So, what are you making time to make this month?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ali,
    I love the colours you found in your stash to make your gorgeous crochet birdies, they've brightened this dark dismal Monday for me........I am knitting seaside inspired dishcloths. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds look fab. I earmarked them a little while ago when I saw them on Lucy's blog - I'm now off to scrabble around for some yarn - perfect evening project me thinks!

    Hope you and all your girls(!) feel better soon.

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, and cheerful colors, too. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)