Wednesday 30 November 2011

Happy 1st Birthday

One year ago today at this very time I was in a whole world of pain. 

Having driven two hours through a blizzard to get to the hospital (usually just a ten minute drive) and having enlisted the help of the police to get us through, I was about four hours away from meeting our beautiful second daughter, Phoebe Elizabeth. Phoebe was born not long before midnight one year ago today.

Phoebe's 1st Birthday

The world today looks very different with blue skies and sunshine and not a hint of snow to be seen.  But we will never forget the blizzard of 2010 when our little podge decided it was time to make an appearance regardless of the weather.

Celebrations have been relatively low key - a family meal, a sing-and-story class, lots of playing and singing, some presents and a ton of lovely cards. I made a few things, which I shall share with you later in the week when I have had the time to take piccies :)

Phoebe's 1st Birthday

Hubby and I will toast our little Phoebe with a glass of champagne shortly, it's been quite a year and there were times I thought I might not survive it!  But I did, we did, and here we all are remembering that snowy day a year ago when our lives changed for ever...again!

Happy birthday Phoebe-be-be, our hilarious, happy, funny little chubby girl xxx

Phoebe's 1st Birthday

2 comments:

  1. How the time flies! Happy birthday, Phoebe, and congrats, Ali and Dan and Lillia, on a successful first year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing the Twitter news! Happy birthday to Phoebe...and well done mum on the year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)