Wednesday 16 November 2011

Loving handmade - Accidental Vix

Hello there! 

Well the weather here has finally turned and we have that crisp wintery feeling at last, not quite frosty but definitely nippy...that's more like it :) 

With the cold air though comes the cold weather germs and I have the flu.  Pffft.  It's been almost eight years exactly since I last had it I had forgotten how hideous it is.  I've had a pretty dire few days but I'm feeling a little better today, my head no longer feels like it is trapped in a vice and I can drink tea without feeling sick, a definite improvement!  I am under strict instructions from everybody to REST.  So although I am itching to do the washing up and tidy the bedrooms I am instead sat on the sofa with my feet up, a perfect opportunity to blog...

I wanted to start sharing more about my love of handmade.  I am such a big believer in buying handmade, second-hand and antique (of the cheap variety) as well as reusing and upcycling things. Recently I am falling more and more out of love with the mass-produced, I just find the handmade things I buy are always more unique, better quality and better value. 

So, I thought I would share with you some of my recent handmade finds.

First up - Accidental Vix.

I came across Vicky's shop on Folksy and started following her blog quite some time ago.  She makes cards using her beautiful and unique illustrations...

Rainy days and Mondays Must be love
(Click on image to be taken to original images - all courtesy of Accidental Vix)


She sells these in her Folksy and Etsy shops.  I especially love the Anonymity range.
When I saw on her blog that she had been working on creating a new range of handmade baby booties and needed some little volunteer testers, well, I knew just the girl to help!  Phoebe was delighted to offer her services as Bootie Tester!

Phoebe testing Accidental Vix's baby booties!

Phoebe testing Accidental Vix's baby booties!

Vicky sent two pairs to try and they are so well made. Phoebe has chubby feet but not much of a heel so booties and socks are a nightmare to get to fit her, but these booties stayed on perfectly...


Phoebe testing Accidental Vix's baby booties!

She gave them a good run for their money - crawling about the house in full destruction mode, balancing, rolling, walking with her walker...

Phoebe testing Accidental Vix's baby booties!

Phoebe testing Accidental Vix's baby booties!

She was very pleased with them, but not as pleased as me as I didn't have to follow her around putting booties back on her :)


Phoebe testing Accidental Vix's baby booties!

Plus one of the other advantages of buying handmade is that you will never, or rarely, bump into somebody with the same item.  So you will always stand out from the crowd.

Vicky isn't selling her booties yet, but I am hoping she will or what will happen when Phoebe grows out of these ones?!

More Loving Handmade posts will follow from me in due course, now I must get back to resting...Serendipity or You've Got Mail...?  Hmmm...



4 comments:

  1. Flu 8 years ago - right before your wedding? Thank God it left in time for you to enjoy the day/night. Seriously can't believe that was 8 years ago though. OMG we're old. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Handmade is just so much cooler. :)

    Sorry you've been sick--hope you improve quickly and the girlies stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although it's foggy today in Kent and cool-ish it's warm for the time of year. I know I'm strange but I quite like the really cold weather. I'm sorry you've got the flu - it's really horrible. Did you have a flu jab? Because I'm asthmatic I get one every year and I haven't had flu for about 18 years. Colds yes but no flu. Maybe you could ask your Doctor. I'm with you, handmade is better quality and usually better fabric, components and fittings.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)