Thursday 15 March 2012

London in the Spring

There is no denying it now - the air is noticably less nippy the mornings are lighter, the evenings slightly longer, there have been sunshiney skies and a few rain showers.  Spring has definitely arrived. 

I do love this time of year.  Birthdays galore, daffodils, freshness and the smell of wet mud. Luv-er-lee.

On Sunday we decided to take advantage of the Springy weather and took a trip up to Greenwich to walk around the park amidst the neat old buildings and shiny new cafes and museums.  The skies were blue, the air was fresh, we even walked about without our coats on!

Greenwich March 2012

Greenwich March 2012

Lillia loved being able to run about in the wide open spaces and play hide and seek amongst the trees...

Greenwich March 2012

Greenwich March 2012


Although suggesting we play hide and seek here was probably not one of our finest suggestions...

Greenwich March 2012


:)

We huffed and puffed our way up the steep hill to the observatory (you have to pay to get in these days!) and looked back down towards London...

Greenwich March 2012


Greenwich March 2012

It struck me as strange standing there so content with my little family, enjoying a relatively lazy day together, taking in the rather impressive view - when in fact I was looking towards the route of my car journey to work that causes me so much anguish.  The route that runs from the right by the Dome, past Canary Wharf and into the distance to the Gherkin.  I drive this three times a week before 7:30am, and back again in the afternoons.  It takes me away from my girls, my home and my sanity.  It was strange to look down on it from a distance and think about that.

After a pizza lunch we headed home, picking up some bridesmaid dresses along the way.  Lillia is to be a flower girl this year and I promised my friend I would take pictures of the various dresses she wanted her to try.  I took photos outside the front of the house, and they came out beautifully in the afternoon sun...

Trying on dresses

Trying on dresses

I can almost smell the roses and hear the clink of champagne glasses can't you? 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Spring has sprung here, as well, and it makes me a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)