Sunday 14 March 2010

A quick Happy Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day one and all - I hope all you mummies are being pampered, all you daddies are doing lots of pampering and all those lucky enough to have mummies are showing their appreciation today.  And to those without mummies I hope you have happy memories, or are able to cast aside bad ones because, lets face it, not everyone is lucky enough to have a decent mummy, some people have to put up with some right horrors. 

I am lucky enough to have a wonderful mummy, one who helps me in every aspect of my very busy life and is fully involved in the upbringing of her grandchild and has a tremendously positive influence on her.  So I am one of the lucky ones.  Here's my mummy in the 60s...


She was waaaaay cooler than I am!

Today I have been given leave to relax - stay in bed, mooch about, crochet and drink tea.  I have received some lovely cards and a couple of sweet little pressies.  Later we're cooking roast chicken for my mum and will no doubt drink much wine.

Apologies for my absence, I do have a decent excuse!  More from me tomorrow though. 


Happy mother's day everyone :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you are the image of your Mum!

    Happy Mother's Day! Hope you have a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day. Hope you enjoyed all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo of your mum.
    Hope you had a lovely day and enjoyed your roast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's day from this side of Kent - how come our mum's look so cool in the sixties?

    I doubt my little ones will admit to that of me when they are older 'ooohhhhh - didn't mum look fab in the naughties!!'

    take care and hope your feeling better?

    Nina xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)