Tuesday 12 May 2009

Pleased with myself

I bought a pattern from a lovely lady on Etsy in order to take my sewing skills out for a spin to see what I could do. It wasn't entirely easy, there was a lot of head-scratching and wasted fabric, but I got there in the end:



I used a lovely Japanese flower printed fabric from Hobbycraft for the main part of the bag. The other fabric is cut from a fat-quarter I bought months ago from Ebay - I love this fabric, but I can't find it anywhere now! I am not even sure of the designer's name. I will have to keep searching until I find it again, then I will buy lots, it's so darn cute.



This is the back view,which was the first bit I did, just in case I mucked it up, which I did a bit, sssh don't tell anyone! But I am still so utterly chuffed with myself!


The lining is just a plain linen, and I made a total mess of it so it's for my eyes only! And who needs to know the secrets inside when I can distract them with my tweeting birdies and a juicy looking apple?

Tomorrow this will be road-tested on the streets of London! I am very excited to be venturing out in public sporting something I made and that I am proud of, true it ain't big enough to hold the endless paraphenalia that I cart about with me daily, but who cares, it's pretty!








2 comments:

  1. Hi - i left a comment on your flickr photo and saw that you have a blog - just came by to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I am afraid it is generally a lot of rambling, with occasional navel-gazing, but I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)