Saturday 7 February 2009

Day forty-seven: DVD

Mosaics and the like have taken a back seat the last few days whilst I concentrate fully on pulling together the DVD for my sister's 30th birthday. I am doing a really long slideshow to music of photos of her from a baby to the present day, then just when she thinks it's over it goes into our own version of the Peter Kay Show Me the Way to Amarillo video starring all her family and friends. It's taken ages to orchestrate but the result is fantastic.


Apart from that the snow has really thrown a spanner in the works. We couldn't get to work, had to dig our car out of the driveway and the snow has been a totally magical experience for all of us. There's a lot of people here in Blighty complaining about our lack of ability to deal with snow, I can't say I'm with them. We don't often get what my mum calls "proper weather" so there's little point in wasting money and resources in putting measures in place for things that happen only once every ten years or so. I for one was delighted to get an extra day with my family, screw the economy and the state of the country, excuse my turn of phrase, give me a snowman and a winter wonderland in place of commuting and work any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)