Monday 5 October 2009

Rainy days and Mondays...

Today was wet, rainy, a bit more wet, autumnal and, mostly, wet.

It is very hard to feel down though; this is my favourite month, my favourite season and my favourite kind of day. A day of blankets and boots and the smell of clean washing drying on radiators turned on for the first time since early spring.

A day for wearing a warm pink fleece and stomping in puddles...

A day for stopping to admire the colours of autumn...

(This amazing plant is in my driveway. No idea what it is, must ask my mum, mums always know...)

A day for new friends...

This is "Star". The Black Apple doll I made in preparation for my first Toy Society drop, but which Lillia fell in love with and adopted (I am so weak!) So work on Star #2 is underway ready for our first drop next week.

Her face and arms are hemp fabric, her stockings are organic cotton, her hair is felt and her body is an old vintage fabric I was given. The face is painted on with acrylic paint, first time I have used acrylic, first time I have painted eyes..think I need some practice!

A day for staying in and getting creative...


And for getting ready for Halloween!

A day for staying warm and dry inside whilst silly mummy prances about with her camera in the rain...

A perfect day :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)