Saturday 6 February 2010

A day out

Today we drove 45 minutes down the road to go on a visit...


We went to visit my dad and stepmum at my step-aunt's house.  We had a lovely lunch (pizza, my favourite!) and then a walk to work it off a bit...


The weather is a lot milder the last couple of days so although hats and scarves were still required it was a very pleasant day for a Kentish walk.  They live right in the middle of loads of hop farms...


This will smell yummy in the summer!

Lillia enjoyed wearing us all out making us run up and down hills...


Poor daddy did most of the hard work as after all I needed to be in charge of the camera :)

It was a beautiful fresh and sunny day, on the edge of winter and the brink of spring...


Then it was back to the oast house for a warming cuppa and a gaze out at the view...


The car journeys were a ideal opportunity to get moving on my latest crochet project which I am really enjoying...


Lots of ripples and a lots of pink pink pink...


Who could it be for I wonder? 


Lillia chose the colours of course and I am slowly making a cosy, long-lasting, snuggly-buggly ripple blanket.  Something she can keep forever and snuggle under for years and years to come.  It's for her 4th birthday next month and I hope she loves it...

I am really enjoying the simplicity of this little project - just me, a glass of wine and lots of repetitive ripples.  Oh, and hubby shouting at the rugby, but I'll try to ignore that!

Happy weekend all xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures - looks like such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun family walk...and your ripples are gorgeous colours,am sure it will be very much treasured by your daughter.
    Still struggling with crochet,but finished my knitted cushion...at last!

    Bellaboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those pictures are one of the reasons I love Kent.

    Wish I could ripple - deep sigh, one day maybe when I can coordinate my brain and fingers!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)