Tuesday 14 September 2010

Drawing the line

Today I am going a little off topic...

I have ulcerative colitis, it has been in remission for two and a half years.  I had to stop my drug therapy (an IV drug that suppresses the immune system) in order to have baby no.2, and also to assess my ability to maintain remission on my own, without being dependent on medication.


It turns out my body is as useless as it always has been and is unable to function on its own without drugs being pumped through my veins on a regular basis.  The UC has returned and I have been unable to make it to work for a week and a half.  I have been working from home but this morning I finally had to admit that I need some time out to rest and recuperate whilst I decide what course of action to take.


So here I am sat on the sofa, uncomfortable and in pain, six months pregnant and worried about the future.  A little light crochet to soothe the mind, a cup of tea and a slice of homemade banana cake to soothe the nerves.  Wondering what to do next. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Ali, I don't know what to say though time out sounds like a very good idea - to focus and concentrate and maybe relax........a little. Being pregnant is stressful enough on it's own so I can only imagine what you are going through at the moment.

    take care and rest easy,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ali I'm sorry hon. Please take care of yourself and email me if you ever need to vent into cyberspace. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Taking it easy can be so incredibly hard but it sounds as though your body is demanding it. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ali,
    Been out of town and am catching up. So sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly again. Hope you are feeling better now. Take good care of you as you take care of those around you.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)