Saturday 6 November 2010

The view from where I'm sitting

During my first "proper" week of maternity leave now that no.1 is back at school I have spent some quality time crocheting on the sofa.  Not as much time as I would like so far, due the ongoing nesting operation, but a fair amount of time :)


The Colour Bar blanket is coming along very nicely, despite me mucking it up considerably on the first assembly.  I used a 4mm hook when I should have used a 6mm and ended up with a very crinkly blanket that just wouldn't sit right at all.

It took me ages to work out what I had done and you can imagine the reaction of an eight-month pregnant woman with heartburn when I realised I had to rip it apart and start again.  However the end is now in sight and I am pleased to report that a 6mm hook and a lot of patience has indeed solved the issue.

So excuse me whilst I sit here and hook away, it's easier than getting up.  If only someone would bring me a cup of raspberry leaf tea my afternoon would be complete...

2 comments:

  1. Looking very promising! Glad you're getting some hook time in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of chocolate limes - just the crochet though.

    take care,

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)