Thursday 12 January 2012

Swappity Swap

I love snail mail, there is nothing like getting a little beautifully wrapped gift through the post is there?  Lovely when it is unexpected, and lovely when you have the anticipation of knowing something is going to arrive soon.  I love sending things, choosing, making, wrapping, taking my little parcel along to the post-office.  It's all such an enjoyable process.  That's why I mentioned a little while ago the idea of a little swap to brighten up the long post-Christmas months.  As there have only been a couple of lovely takers I thought I would raise the idea again with a little more detail in case there is anyone else wanting to join in.

Craft swap for Growing a Better Me

The swap would be very simple:

  • Your sender would be different to your sendee - in other words if you were sending your parcel to me, your own parcel would be coming from somebody else. This makes it all the more exciting :)

  • Your parcel should contain two handmade items for your sendee, these can be anything you like.  If you include any other little shop-bought bits you should spend no more than a couple of quid, it is January and we are all poor after all!

  • Don't reveal your identity to your sendee before the swap!  You can include a card/letter in your parcel to say who you are :)

  • I will do a short Q and A for all participants so that each sender gets a small overview of what their sendee likes.

Fabric swap with Parallel Botany ready to go!

Sound good to you? 

If so, then please copy and paste the questions below, along with your answers, into a comment below, or email them them to me, by Wednesday 18th January and I shall set it all up (those that have already let me know they are interested could you please fill in the Q and A too!)

wrapping

Where are your online homes? (e.g. blog name, ravelry username, instagram, twitter etc)
What is your favourite sweet treat?
What crafts do you do?
What crafts would you like to try?
What are your favourite colours?
Do you have a favourite scent?
Do you have children (if so, how many, how old etc)?
Is there anything you wouldn't want to receive (i.e something you don't like or might be allergic to)?


Close up of part of craft swap - for Growing a Better Me
 
Happy swapping!
 
x

5 comments:

  1. I am a bit quick off the mark, aren't i? Here are my answers....

    Where are your online homes? (e.g. blog name, ravelry username, instagram, twitter etc)
    Ravelery - LiseJ

    What is your favourite sweet treat?
    Chocolate!

    What crafts do you do?
    Knitting, crochet, sewing

    What crafts would you like to try?
    Jewelry making

    What are your favourite colours?
    Blue, green, yellow, pink and white

    Do you have a favourite scent?
    No, not keen on scents, other than natural ones

    Do you have children (if so, how many, how old etc)?
    Two lovely boys, ages 9 and 5 (nearly 6)

    Is there anything you wouldn't want to receive (i.e something you don't like or might be allergic to)?
    No, can't think of anything!

    Thanks for organising this - it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I'd love to join in!

    Online homes: blogger (The Hookery), twitter (@The_Hookery)
    Fave sweet treat: milk chocolate
    Crafts I do: Crochet, occasional sewing.
    Crafts I'd like to try: Stained glass
    Fave colours: Green, blue, purple and orange. And mustard yellow. And grey...
    Fave scent: Lavender or roses
    Children? Nope.
    Can't think of anything I wouldn't like to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online homes: I don't really blog anymore at all :/
    Fave sweet treat: dark chocolate
    Crafts I do: I make jewelry!
    Crafts I'd like to try: crocheting
    Fave colours: purple, maroon, bright red, pink
    Fave scent: almond, cinnamon, jasmine
    Children? Nope.
    Can't think of anything I wouldn't like to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea, I could do with some cheering up from the January blues.

    Online Homes: http://makingitvintage.blogspot.com
    ravelry.....sweetdreamer
    Fave sweet treat: nut-free choccie
    Crafts I do: knitting, crochet, sewing, cross stitch.
    Crafts I'd like to try: rug making
    Fave colours: a bit of a rainbow girl, their isn't a colour I really don't like.
    Fave scent: rose or anything floral
    children: four, two grown-up and two teens.
    There is nothing that I wouldn't like to receive.

    lily x
    Children

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are your online homes? MummyCat gets organised

    What is your favourite sweet treat?
    Cream Teas

    What crafts do you do?
    Crochet, sewing, painting, drawing

    What crafts would you like to try?
    felt brush, more pottery, knitting

    What are your favourite colours?
    All really. Turquoise and blues mostly

    Do you have a favourite
    scent?
    Rose and lavender

    Do you have children (if so, how many, how old etc)?
    2 girls, 5 and 1 years old

    Is there anything you wouldn't want to receive (i.e something you don't like or might be allergic to)?
    Anything would be lovely

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)