Thursday 26 January 2012

Looking back at 2011

Morning all!

Well most of the swap information has now been sent out, if you are still waiting for details of your spoilee do not fear, I will hopefully have all the emails sent out by tonight :)  I am very much looking forward to this little early 2012 swap!

Speaking of it being 2012 and a new year....I've been looking back over my Flickr and, inspired by Attic24's beautiful mosaic summaries of her year I have created a couple of little photo mosaics to summarise my year here on snipsnaphappy.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In the first part of the year I was very much in the midst of Baby Days - lots of  lounging around in pyjamas, playing with rattles and feeding.  I started the Big Happy blanket in January as a way of crocheting through my post-natal depression...and by March I was back into full creating mode!  We had a lovely hot spell in April when the sun shone plenty and we were able to get out into the garden and admire the flowers...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As we approached Summer I enjoyed time with my girls and grabbed the change to try some more arigurumi along the way.  I finally wrote a pattern for covering a touch screen iPod (still to be written up and shared here...soon...very soon!)  We enjoyed yet more sunshine and I finally made a Mei Tai baby carrier!...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We spent a wonderful summer week on holiday in the beautiful Kent countryside, the skies were blue the entire week...2011 was quite a sunshiney year all in all.  I tried my hand at more arigurumi and was delighted with my alien-like "Horge" creature! I made arm-warmers out of tiny alpaca wool granny squares, and crocheted a doormat of all things....


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Heading into the final part of the year I had a sudden spell in hospital :( But at least it gave me the opportunity to start on the latest Happy Hooker Backwards project and Topsy was born!  I also tried my hand at colourwork for the first time.  Spurred on my successful attempts at arigurumi throughour the year I created Alien from my own pattern. We celebrated our 8 year anniversary and Phoebe's 1st birthday and before we knew it winter was upon us and we waved farewell to 2011!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's a funny old lark this blogging thing isn't it?  Would you believe I have been writing this blog now for three years?  I started on 21st December 2008...wow.  That's a lot of rambling, a lot of photos, a lot of crochet, a lot of crafting and cake.  I often ponder on whether I should continue to do it - it takes a bit of time as you know, and with two girls, a long commute, a full-on job and the school run to contend with do I really need another pressure on my time?

Well, yes.  My blog allows me to document my crafty activities and my family life, encourages me to be creative, inspires me to continue living the lifestyle I want to and gives me motivation to challenge myself to do new things.  My kids can read this in years to come and laugh at how young we look and how old-fashioned it all is :)

So happy 2012 everyone, a little belated I know, here's to another year of blogging!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a pretty great year, all said and done. Have you continued with the Happy Blanket?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)