Monday 4 January 2010

Crochet daisies

It's -3 here today.  Our shed window is looking rather frosty...



But inside daisies are blooming...



I've been working on flowers, this time for the Coming Up Roses toilet roll cover for my sister.  I thought a Coming Up Daisies version might look nice!  I will do two versions then decide which she might prefer.

I am enjoying the crochet flowers, they're very quick and easy for the most part and it's nice being at home with time to practice and take photos.  It's back to work tomorrow so I will be crocheting flowers on the train in the dark instead - of all my crafty obsessions crochet is by far the most portable, which is perfect for a busy working crafty mummy like me.



Keeping with the flowery theme I also made a nice little shopping bag, this one is for me, yay!  I am so generous...



Made with hemp fabric (the cream bit) and an old green cotton given to me by my mother-in-law's mother-in-law.  I was going to top-stitch the top edge but have decided I like it as it is.

It's lined with yet more flowers...



 Old curtain fabric put to better use here I think!

Right, I have a three-year-old desperate to try out making salt dough this afternoon so duty calls...!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little daisies and such a cheery welcome at this time of the year.

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nina! January needs a little daisy or two I feel! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please drop me a note :)