I was right in the middle of a low blog-esteem moment when I saw that I had been given a blog award by Bellaboo, who writes the wonderfully cosy bellascountry blog. I nearly choked on my orange squash!
Why the low blog-esteem? Well, I haven't really "come out" about my blog with my friends and my family. Hubby knows about it obviously, as he has to put up with the continual photographing of things. Lillia knows because she likes to look at the pictures and help choose which to post. But I haven't really shared it with anyone else among my nearest and dearest.
Then this evening during a text-exchange with my sister I gave her the link, then became very worried that she would think I was complete geek and that my blog was a bit pants. Then three things happened:
1. I received some lovely comments on my last post which lifted my spirits greatly.
2. I received the Sunshine award which really lifted my confidence.
3. My sister texted back to point out that, as my sister, she already knew I was a "complete tool".
I'm currently watching the National TV Awards, so I am greatly tempted to thank my producer, the wonderful director, the catering van and the make-up girls. So to stop myself I will shut up and get on with fulfilling the conditions of the award, which are:
* Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
* Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
* Link the nominees within your post.
* Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
So here are my 12 - apologies if any of you have already received this award already, or if you don't like awards (who wouldn't like awards?!)